BLOG DISCLAIMER

All content provided on this "penangfoodie.blogspot.com" blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner of penangfoodie.blogspot.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
This terms and conditions is subject to change at anytime with or without notice.

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Koay Teow Thing with a touch of Gratitute

Food Rating                :    3 stars

Value for Money         :    3 stars
Kopi O Rating            :    3 stars
Ambience                   :    4 stars, market style, lots of things to observe

Closed on Monday
Breakfast Only

This is a Koay Teow Thing stall inside Anson Road market, Jalan Seang Tek who has made his name.
Many regular customers flock to have their regular bowl of noodles here.
It is already 8.15 am and the owner is still getting started with the preparation.
Lots of people waiting to be served, but have to say he is very fast and efficient.
I am not sure why though.
Soup base is 'sugar' sweet ... portion is small
Also rather oily ...
There must be something that I am missing cause the stall has expanded in man power, now there is an additional young man and I think an Indonesian maid helping out

My Koay Teow Thing normal with duck intestines RM 4.50 @ 8:45 am

Kopi O 90 cents - served with sugar on the side
The ambience is good though, people walking up and down, getting on with their daily routine. 


Parking is difficult, better to park a little further and walk
Nice short walk, plenty to see ...


As I sip my Kopi O and look around me, I see a sundry stall , selling water plastic tumblers, towels, slippers and a few other items.
This stall is manned by 1 mum, 1 boy and 1 mentally challenged daughter.
Suddenly it hit me, that life for them must be tough, how can this stall sustain this family ...
and the word Gratitude is a reminder for me today
while I have my 'sweet' koay teow



No comments: