BLOG DISCLAIMER

All content provided on this "penangfoodie.blogspot.com" blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner of penangfoodie.blogspot.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
This terms and conditions is subject to change at anytime with or without notice.

Friday 26 October 2012

Ban Chang Kueh Memories Rekindled

Food Quality 5 stars !
Ambience 5 stars !
Value for Money 5 stars !
Kopi O Rating not applicable - road side

Breakfast Only

While walking along the Kuala Kangsar market on a public holiday hunting for good street food, I bumped into a Ban Chang Kueh stall at the junction of Jalan Kuala Kangsar and Kimberley Street.
I am not a person with a sweet tooth so these stalls normally don't attract me, until I saw the framed up photo below.


As I checked out the stall, and what the long queue was all about, my eye caught a glimpse of the wafer like ban chang kueh, suddenly I became excited and joined the long wait.

I remembered as a kid, I used to follow my mum to the market and very often, I will be treated with this crispy like thing which I love.  I have been looking high and low for it since and every ban chang kueh stall I have seen does not sell the crispy thin version.

I waited till there was no more people waiting and I asked the friendly aunty if she used to sell opposite, and she said, yes, for more than 30 years already ...
I have finally found the stall that I have been looking for all this while :-)



There are 3 versions of ban chang kueh sold here - super thin crispy, normal fold over and the thick version

Foodie's Choice - Super thin crispy and normal foldover with peanuts, corn and brown sugar

goes super well with kopi O at nearby coffee shop


Old couple at work with a clientele for more than 30 years




Every bite of it was a moment down memory lane for me ...

No comments: